Ahead of your impending engagement, you have the big task of finding the perfect ring for your beloved. Women can be picky when it comes to jewellery, so it’s important to consider all the right things. If you are confused about selecting an engagement ring like most men, we have 10 basic tips to get your sorted.
- Start with a budget. Engagement rings can cost a million, provided you are willing to pay. To make your search easier, set a maximum budget.
- Decide if you need a customized ring. When it comes to diamond engagement rings and jewellery, many people prefer to customize the design, and it doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
- Find more on 4 Cs. Presuming that you are opting for diamonds, its important to do some initial homework on selecting the perfect solitaire. Carat, cut, colour and clarity determine the final price of the stone, so do your homework.
- Settle for a good jeweller. While spending thousands of dollars, you would want to trust the seller. Make sure that you have selected the right jeweller, who understands the importance of engagement rings and offers enough choices.
- Consider the metal. Engagement rings are usually designed in gold or platinum, but you can also consider options like rose gold, green gold or even silver for that matter. Gold is often the traditional choice for diamond rings.
- Know your beloved’s choice. You don’t want to select a ring that she would not like, and the rule of thumb is to consider her style and preferences. You may want to take a few hints from her friends.
- Don’t hesitate to shop online. Traditional jewellers are now dealing online, because it reduces their retail costs, and you get the benefit of better offers and more choices. Buying online isn’t a bad idea in the first place.
- Check the diamond. Knowing your diamonds extends beyond just the price and 4Cs. Hold the ring in your hand and feel the stone, and as required, you can use a magnifying glass, as well. If you are shopping for rings online, make sure that the seller accepts returns.
- Insist on certification. Diamonds that have been certified by various labs are worth the price paid, which is why certification is called the 5th
- Start early. Finding an engagement ring may take more time than you think, so keep looking in advance.
Get going because the best engagement rings are often booked in advance!